On Monday, December 14th, the Transportation Board will hold an important meeting to discuss changes to the Gateway East project that would improve transit service but come with implications for general-purpose traffic in the Route 9 and Washington Street corridors. These changes are relevant to anyone living, working, or traveling in and around the project area that includes Washington Street, Route 9 / Boylston Street, High Street and Brookline Avenue.
Please see below for the full Transportation Board agenda for 12/14. The agenda includes a Zoom link and other information about how to participate in this virtual meeting. The public will be invited to provide comments/testimony. The length of comments may be limited to ensure everyone can be heard in a timely manner. Comments and questions can also be shared with Transportation Administrator Todd Kirrane via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. There will not be a final decision on Route 9 / Washington Street roadway alignment at this meeting. A decision is likely to occur at the subsequent Transportation Board meeting in January.
You can read coverage of the general proposal in the Brookline Tab here: link.
You can read coverage from the Brookline Patch here: link.
The full recording of the 3+ hour community meeting on this topic from this Monday is available here: link. (The online player has the option of watching at 2x speed, so you can watch it all in 90 minutes!)
The presentations from that meeting are available here: link.
TRANSPORTATION BOARD MEETING
Monday, December14, 2020 @ 6:30 PM
Telephone:1(669) 254 5252 Webinar ID: 160 274 3728
6:30 PM 1. CALL TO ORDER
6:30 PM 2. PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD FOR ISSUES NOT ON THE AGENDA
*Ways to offer public comment include:
- Email the Board at email@example.com no later than 4pm the day of the meeting and the message will be shared with the board in advance of the meeting and included in the public record
- Email Todd Kirrane at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 2pm the day of the meeting stating you would like to provide comment at the meeting. Requires email subject line to be “Public Comment at Meeting” and you must join using the computer audio and video feature so you can be elevated to panelist when it is your turn to speak
- Indicate at the beginning of this agenda item during the meeting, using the RAISE HAND feature, that you would like to offer public comment and you can be elevated to panelist to speak
6:40 PM 3. MEMBER UPDATE
6:45 PM 4. DPW UPDATE
6:50 PM 5. DISCUSSION ON THE PROPOSED GATEWAY EAST BUS PRIORITY LANE
- Video & Presentations from December 1, 2020 Meeting and Final Report available at www.brooklinema.gov/transportation
8:45 PM 6. DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON THE APPOINTMENT OF TWO NEW MEMBERS TO THE BICYCLE ADVISORY COMMITTEE
8:55 PM 7. OTHER BUSINESS
- NEW BUSINESS
- ADOPTION OF MEETING MINUTES
- December 14, 2020 at 6:30pm – 9:30pm