What is Go Boston 2030?
Go Boston 2030 is a City of Boston initiative that envisions a bold transportation future for the City. Ideas and feedback collected from an extensive, multi-year public engagement process were used to develop the Vision and Action Plan, which was released in March 2017.
- Three years after the launch of Go Boston 2030, it's not clear what progress the City of Boston has made toward reaching the access, safety, and reliability goals laid out in the plan.
- In March 2020, LivableStreets will release a report to evaluate the City's progress on implementation of the plan, made possible through generous funding from the Barr Foundation.
LivableStreets is committed to reviewing the City's performance every two years to ensure public accountability in reaching its Go Boston 2030 goals. The biannual report is intended to provide the public with a barometer with which to measure and understand the City's progress. The reports will also help the City recognize any gaps and improve their results.
Building the Report
- Summer 2019: Outreach to community members at neighborhood events, festivals, and meetings across the city
- Fall 2019: Develop report and recommendations
- Winter 2019: Shared a sneak preview of the report at our StreetTalk 10-in-1
- Spring 2020: Launch report
Check out which Go Boston 2030 projects are planned for your neighborhood:
What You Can Do
Volunteer as a Street Ambassador to help build support for Go Boston 2030 projects and policies.