What is Go Boston 2030?
Go Boston 2030 is a City of Boston initiative that envisions a bold transportation future for the City. Ideas and feedback collected from an extensive, multi-year public engagement process were used to develop the Vision and Action Plan, which was released in March 2017.
- More than two years after the launch of Go Boston 2030, it's not clear what progress the City of Boston has made toward reaching the access, safety, and reliability goals laid out in the plan.
- LivableStreets is working on an accountability report to evaluate the City's progress on implementation of the plan, made possible through generous funding from the Barr Foundation.
- Summer 2019: Outreach to community members at neighborhood events, festivals, and meetings across the city
- Fall 2019: Develop report and recommendations
- Winter 2019: Save the date for our StreetTalk 10-in-1 on December 10, 2019, where we’ll share a sneak preview of the report!
- Spring 2020: Launch report
LivableStreets is committed to reviewing the City's performance every two years to ensure public accountability in reaching its Go Boston 2030 goals. The biannual report is intended to provide the public with a barometer with which to measure and understand the City's progress. The reports will also help the City recognize any gaps and improve their results.
Check out which Go Boston 2030 projects are planned for your neighborhood:
What You Can Do
Volunteer this summer and help build support for Go Boston 2030 projects and policies.
Share our survey: help us ensure Go Boston 2030 remains a living document that is connected to people's needs and wishes for mobility in Boston.
Join our Advocacy Committee: help track and influence Go Boston 2030 ongoing and proposed street projects.