What is a Street Ambassador?
From Safer Comm Ave to Keep Rozzie Moving, volunteer Street Ambassadors play a pivotal role in many of LivableStreets' campaigns. Trained by our staff and lead advocates, Street Ambassadors actively engage with people on the street, distributing surveys and information to help put community at the center of street improvement projects.
Why Street Ambassadors?
The best way to improve a street is to get out there and get people talking about it. Street Ambassadors play a crucial role in demystifying the public process, organizing community concerns, and directly communicating those concerns to officials and decision-makers. Street Ambassadors help to amplify a diversity of voices to ensure that our streets are safe, accessible, and equitable.
Thanks to the support of our Street Ambassadors we collected more than 1500 responses for our Longwood Area Multimodal Survey in 2017. The hard work of our Street Ambassadors helped lay the groundwork for our report "Finding A Cure: Transportation in the Longwood Area."
Street Ambassador duties can include:
- Helping to administer surveys and collect petition signatures
- Communicating goals and benefits of proposed projects
- Handing out informational flyers
- Asking community members for their feedback
Want to get people on board with Better Buses this summer?
- Broadway and Holland Street in Somerville: Help us engage with community members and businesses to support Somerville's Spring implementation of a bus lane along Broadway between Magoun Square and McGrath Highway, as well as a pilot bus-bike lane along sections of Holland St. between Clarendon Hill and Davis Square.
- Brighton Ave in Allston: After a year of on the ground outreach we are in the final stretch. Help us make this pilot permanent!
- Want to connect with peers while learning more about transportation advocacy? Join our Advocacy Committee at their next monthly meeting.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more about this unique opportunity to influence how people move around Metro Boston.