Board of Directors of LivableStreets
is looking for leaders and motivated self starters with non-profit board experience. The Board of Directors meets on the second Wednesday of every other month. Board of Directors are also expected to be active on one of the below committees. If you're interested in joining the leadership team, we want to talk to you.
Contact: Brian Sant, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Internal Committee
is looking for individuals with non-profit legal and governance experience or experience in small company or non-profit accounting, finance, administration or operations. The committee focuses on the operations of the organization, including internal policy development, budgeting, helping with Human Resources for staff, and facilitating the Board nomination process. The committee meets monthly every third Tuesday.
- Lead nominations and board sustainability
- Identify and create any outstanding policies or procedures needed [knowledge of non-profit laws, rules, and policies]
- Advise on employee and board member issues
- Review contracts
Contact: Stephen Gershman, email@example.com.
The External Committee
is looking for individuals with experience developing fundraising strategies; grant writing; event, individual or corporate donor cultivation; and/or recruitment. The committee meets monthly every first Monday. There are also special projects or events you can get involved in for a fixed amount of time [think planning for Tour de Streets or a large speaker event]. Interested?
- Connecting LivableStreets with new funding sources
- Developing and managing new fundraising campaigns with staff
- Grant writing
- Identifying and recruiting board member prospects
Contact: Julia Wallerce, firstname.lastname@example.org.