Each March, WalkBoston holds their Annual Celebration to honor achievements in walkability and to highlight the contributions of volunteers, board members, and the many individuals and corporations who support them each year.
Their Golden Shoes Awards recognize individuals, agencies, municipalities and companies exemplifying the ideals of WalkBoston’s mission.
Congratulations to the 2021 Golden Shoes!
- Frank Caro (in memoriam)
- Kate Fichter and the MassDOT Shared Streets Grant Program Team (with special recognition to the Barr Foundation and Solomon Foundation)
- Karen Cord Taylor
This year, they're featuring a panel of speakers instead of a standard keynote address. The panel will be moderated by WalkBoston’s Executive Director Stacey Beuttell. Speakers include:
- Tracy Corley, PhD – Director of Research and Partnerships at the Conservation Law Foundation
- Mike McGinn – Executive Director at America Walks
- Jodie Medeiros – Executive Director at Walk San Francisco
- Alex Train, AICP – Director, Department of Housing and Community Development for the City of Chelsea
Registration is on a pay-as-you-can basis. Suggested donation $30.
To register please click here.
- March 24, 2021 at 5:00pm – 6:30pm