The Third Transportation Revolution is here. In the emerging world of 'micro rentals' and shared asset ownership, the access economy, pioneered by Uber and AirBnB, is expanding to local transportation options, often called Micro-mobility, or BTW (Better Than Walking). The melding of simple existing technology like traditional bicycles and skateboards with lithium-ion batteries and powerful computing technology has created a whole new way for people to travel relatively short distances.
The policy and design issues surrounding this new and growing type of personal mobility, be it personally owned electric skateboards, dock-less bikes, or shared electric scooters, are challenges which governments, businesses, advocacy groups, and regular citizens are all struggling to address.
This conference brings together thought leaders from government, industry, and user groups to explore the technological, policy, and physical infrastructure complications we must address as we jointly move into this New Urban Mobility future.
To register, click here.
Current Agenda (more speakers may be added)
12:20-12:50: KEYNOTE SPEAKER
- Assaf Biderman, Founder & CEO @ Superpedestrian; Associate Director, Senseable City Lab @ MIT
1:00-2:15: PANEL DISCUSSION 1: Potential and current impact of emerging and existing technology-based micro-mobility such as scooters, micro-electric vehicles (MEVs), e-bikes, and one-wheels.
- Josh Westerhold, Senior Manager, Future Lab @ Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi Alliance
- Ivan Li Huang, Founder & CEO @ Bonzer
- Scott Mullen, Director of Northeast Expansion @ Lime
2:30-3:45: PANEL DISCUSSION 2: Regional infrastructure and regulatory challenges such as speed limits, land use and right of way, and zoning and permitting.
- Joe Barr, Director, Traffic, Parking, & Transportation @ City of Cambridge
- Maite Pena Alcaraz, Research Engagement Manager @ McKinsey & Co.
- Eric Bourassa, Director of Transportation @ Metropolitan Area Planning Council (MAPC)
3:45-4:15: Q & A OF ALL SPEAKERS
4:15-5:00: CLOSING & SHOWROOM EXHIBIT
Contact [email protected] with any questions.
- November 03, 2018 at 12:00pm – 5pm
MIT Stratton Student Center
84 Massachusetts Ave
Room 306 (Twenty Chimneys)
Cambridge, MA 02139
Google map and directions