(intern/contractor, 20 hrs/week), September-December 2015
LivableStreets is seeking a new member for our office team to support our print and online communications, grant writing, and events in the fall of 2015.
Reporting to the Deputy Director, responsibilities include:
- Coordinating the production of LivableStreets' first annual report in collaboration with the Deputy Director
- Drafting and/or editing funding concept papers and full grant applications for the Executive Director
- Drafting and copy editing text for use in e-communications including network wide and targeted action alerts, member-only emails and our monthly newsletter
- Updating content on the LivableStreets website, with a special focus on expanding the Impact and Greenway Links sections
- Coordinating basic logistics and promotion of two “StreetTalk” events
- Preparing materials for events, including handouts, signage, PowerPoint, presentations and other collateral as needed
- Other TBD responsibilities assigned by the Deputy Director
- 2-5 years communications or marketing experience preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to quickly and clearly synthesize information
- Proficiency with technology platforms, Adobe Creative Suite, email marketing social media, and Microsoft Office.
- Flexibility to work outside regular 9-5 hours
- Committed | Wants to help make Metro Boston a better place to bike, walk, and use public transit
- Proactive | Comfort working independently with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment
- Personable | A good sense of humor
- Punctual | Reliable and conscientious
Hours & pay
The estimated number of hours would be between 15-20 hours per week, September through the end of December, with a potential opportunity to extend into the spring. Regular office hours expected, with option to work remotely for some hours.
This is an hourly paid position or can count towards academic coursework.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
For 10 years, LivableStreets has been transforming Metro Boston streets into more livable and safe places by advocating for a transportation system that better balances transit, walking, and biking with automobiles. Through our daily advocacy, programs, and working partnerships, LivableStreets helps create safe, convenient, and affordable transportation options for all people in Metro Boston. Our work has resulted in the transformation of streets, bridges, and public policy to make the Boston region a better place to live, work, and play.