What we’re looking for:
LivableStreets seeks a highly motivated full-time Program Manager to provide effective coordination and implementation of the Emerald Network Initiative.
Who we are and what we do:
In 2015, Livable Streets launched the Emerald Network Initiative, a vision that builds on Boston’s greenway legacy to create a seamless 200 mile greenway network across the core of Boston and its inner suburbs – creating an urban recreation and transportation system that is safe and convenient for all. The Emerald Network is led by a core Executive Committee and larger group of advisors.
What the Emerald Network Program Manager will do:
The Program Manager will lead and shape the program and overall strategic direction for the Emerald Network in the following areas:
- Manage the Greenway Partners Program; lead and collaborate with community groups to move proposed greenway projects forward
- Lead change for key greenway projects and provide technical, community, and political support to active projects in the Emerald Network
- Work with the regional LandLine Coalition on state-level policies, pedestrian/bike funding and data-gathering to advance greenway projects
Build Broad Public Support
- Communicate the vision widely to the general public, community partners, and public and private stakeholders through online platforms, meetings, and presentations
- Build and cultivate relationships with a social network of partners and advisors
Manage the Program
- Collaborate with Executive Committee, staff, volunteers, consultants, and committees at LivableStreets Alliance, and other advocacy and civic organizations
- Work with Content Manager on communications and outreach efforts, including maintenance of the Emerald Network website and online database, and overseeing external communications
- Work with Executive Director to manage budget and expense planning
- Ensure strong reporting, information flow and process management
The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of many of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience with demonstrated leadership managing groups of people and managing an initiative/program
- Strong communication skills--written, visual, and verbal
- Ability to execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; comfort with taking initiative
- Academic or professional experience in community and/or urban planning, transportation policy, or related discipline
- Adobe Creative Suite highly preferred, ArcGIS experience preferred
- Familiarity with Metro Boston regional planning issues
- Commitment to making the Boston region a better place to bike, walk and use public transit
- Interest in issues of active transportation, open space and public health
- Comfort working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced campaign environment
Compensation and Benefits:
We offer competitive salary and benefits including an employer contributed health insurance, a matching retirement plan, paid vacation, professional development opportunities, transit/bike commuter benefits. Salary is commensurate with experience.
Please submit a compelling cover letter and resume by January 16th to Emerald Network Executive Committee at [email protected] with ‘Emerald Network Program Manager’ in the subject line. Early applications are encouraged as we are looking to fill this position in January/February 2018.
LivableStreets is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We will prioritize candidates that reflect the diversity of Metro Boston.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, age, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, political orientation or any other characteristic protected by federal state or local law.