What we’re looking for:
LivableStreets seeks a detail-oriented, full-time Program Assistant to support all staff and programs and to play a key role in ensuring our office operations are efficient.
Who we are and what we do:
For more than a decade LivableStreets has been transforming Metro Boston’s streets by advocating for innovative and equitable transportation solutions that are safe, affordable and enjoyable -- making our community more connected and more livable for everyone.
What the Program Assistant will do:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Assistant will play a key role in ensuring day-to-day operations run efficiently and effectively. Primary responsibilities include:
- Maintaining and managing member and financial data
- Efficient daily office administration
- Supporting online communications and events
Specifically the Program Assistant will:
Executive Support (50%)
- Maintain contact and membership database to update information and members’ account status and create reports for staff as needed.
- Produce monthly donation acknowledgment thank you letters.
- Schedule meetings and calls for the Executive Director and Program Managers and remain aware of all staff members’ calendars.
- Print materials, prepare presentations and take notes for internal and external meetings.
- Research, create memos and briefs to prepare for meetings.
Office Administration [35%]
- Manage daily upkeep of office space, and identify and implement office layout improvements as needed
- Manage and troubleshoot with outside vendors, office systems, including telephone, voice mail, computer and IT issues
- Identify and implement new technology, resources, and processes to increase organizational efficiency
- Order office supplies, marketing materials, and event supplies as needed
- Ensure purchase of food/beverages, coordinate office setup and cleanup after meetings
- Respond to general requests, phone calls, and emails
- Onboard new staff members and interns/office volunteers with online and in-office systems
- Coordinate staff celebrations
Communications & Events Support (10%)
- Ensure calendar and press pages on the website are updated weekly
- Coordinate Steve Miller Blog post and e-blast once/three weeks
- Support Content & Publications Manager in updating the website(s), including a monthly website “sweep”
- Compile and update monthly google analytics reports for website
- Support on social media for campaigns and events
- Support staff in event planning and execution
Advocacy Support (5%)
- Maintain current list of Advocacy Committee members and monitor the activity of the listserv, elevating any priority projects or important information to staff
- Coordinate agenda, refreshments and annual schedule for monthly meetings
- Welcome new members and follow up after meetings
The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of many of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 1-2 years of office experience
- Strong knowledge of Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Experience with NationBuilder (and/or a similar data management system) a plus
- Experience with InDesign, website platforms, event management systems (ex. EventBrite), and HTML/CSS also a plus
- Strong communication skills: written and verbal
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com by August 17, 2018. Early applications are encouraged.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an annual salary range of $36,5000 - $45,000. Benefits include health care, a transportation stipend, paid vacation, and a commitment to professional development.
LivableStreets is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. People with multiple marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply, including queer, trans, people with disabilities and/or people of color. LivableStreets does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.