- Celebrate Stacy’s Birthday by Signing Up for Tour de Streets!
- Tour Dorchester Community Gardens with us on May 20!
- A National Conversation on Free Transit — Freedom to Move Act Reintroduced
- Get Pumped for Bike Month!
- Join the Fun — Become a Street Ambassador Today!
Our registration page is LIVE! That's right: we’re back with our annual fundraising event, Tour de Streets, on Saturday, September 9th for walking, biking, and of course ice cream! Register now, start your own team, and invite your friends to join us for fun for all ages. We hope you’ll consider donating to our fundraising goal of $60,000.
The best part about signing up today is that it’s Stacy Thompson’s birthday! Help us celebrate our Executive Director by registering and supporting her team with a birthday gift!
Join LivableStreets and our friends at the Trustees and Boston Food Forest Coalition for a Community Garden Walking Tour in Dorchester on Saturday, May 20. The tour will take place from 10:30 am - 12:30 pm and will start from the Shawmut MBTA station. We’ll tour two local community gardens. Gardeners at each site will share tips about how to get started gardening. Learn more and register today!
Contact Michaela Grenier ([email protected]) with any questions.
A National Conversation on Free Transit — Freedom to Move Act Reintroduced
Earlier this week, Congresswoman Ayanna Pressley and Senator Ed Markey reintroduced the Freedom to Move Act. This proposed federal legislation would fund grants to support free transit service across the country. We're thrilled to support this important legislation again, and joined Monday's press conference at Ruggles Station to speak to the many benefits of free transit.
We know free transit works — and it's time to fund it properly! Learn more about the Freedom to Move Act here.
As the saying goes, April showers bring May Bike Month! Warmer weather will be here soon, so now's the time to tune up your bicycle and join the celebration. Whether you're a bike commuter, racer, or just bike to enjoy the fresh air, there's something planned for you! Check out the official Bay State event calendar to learn more — plus check out resources to help you host your own Bike Month event!
Join the Fun — Become a Street Ambassador Today!
We’re about two weeks into our Street Ambassador deployment along Blue Hill Ave. We’ve talked with over 200 bus riders and we’re hoping to talk with many more.
It's not too late to join in on the fun! We’re looking for volunteers to pick up some Street Ambassador shifts in May. If you are interested in learning about transit projects in Boston and enjoy talking to folks about how they get around in the area, this is a great opportunity for you!
- Director of Community Engagement, Metropolitan Area Planning Council: MAPC seeks candidates for Director of Community Engagement, a vital member of the agency’s leadership team. The Director will oversee MAPC’s efforts to ensure that community residents and stakeholders have a voice in the future of Greater Boston. Learn more and apply here.
- Legal Director, American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts: The American Civil Liberties Union of Massachusetts (ACLUM) seeks an accomplished and visionary Legal Director, to lead its Legal Department and serve as a member of the organization’s senior management team. Learn more and apply here.
- Operations, Culture House: CultureHouse is a nonprofit organization that improves livability in local communities by transforming underutilized spaces into vibrant social infrastructure. This role will work to make CultureHouse a more efficient organization by developing and maintaining operational systems. Learn more and apply here.
- Program Manager, WalkMassachusetts: WalkMassachusetts is expanding its work across the state and seeks a Program Manager to work in close collaboration with the Senior Program Manager to develop and implement strategies in order to reach more communities across Massachusetts. Learn more and apply here.
- Program Manager of Youth Development & Transportation Advocacy, Mattapan Food and Fitness Coalition: The Program Manager has an exciting responsibility of building and scaling up the youth program. This means creating and piloting a new format for a youth development focus. Learn more and apply here.
- Administrator, Worcester Regional Transit Authority: The position provides administrative leadership and support for the management of the Authority and oversees and supports all activities including transit operations, contract administration, marketing and service development, financial management, community relations, policy development, and interaction with federal, state, and local public and elected officials. Learn more and apply here.
As a policy, LivableStreets will only advertise opportunities that include salary or compensation information.
Check out the following resources to learn more about what we've been up to lately!
- Press: Read local and national press featuring LivableStreets and our work.
- StreetFilms: Watch videos highlighting our advocacy and events.
- Greenway Stories: Join us as we explore greenway successes and challenges around the Boston area.
Was this email forwarded to you? Here's where you can sign up for StreetLife! www.livablestreets.info/join