- SAVE THE DATE: September 9th, Tour de Streets 2023!
- Our Staff is Back in the Office, and We Need Your Support!
- Support Makayla as a Street Ambassador
SAVE THE DATE: September 9th, Tour de Streets 2023!
LivableStreets is returning to the Charles River Speedway this fall for our 12th Tour de Streets. We are excited for another fun-filled day of walking, biking, activities, and of course ice cream! Stay tuned for the launch of our campaign page, which will be regularly updated to include all the details you need to know for the event, and options to create your own team, or fundraising page. We hope to see you there!
Did you attend last year? Please feel free to provide feedback through our 2022 Tour de Streets Participant Google Form, so we can make it even better this year!
Our Staff is Back in the Office, and We Need Your Support!
LivableStreets staff members have returned to our Cambridge office for in-person Mondays! Returning back to the office en masse for the first time in almost three years, we are in need of office supplies to support our growing team — transitioning in the last year from six to ten full-time staff members! Please see our immediate needs listed below:
Support Makayla as a Street Ambassador
Looking for opportunities to support our work? Join our Community Engagement Manager, Makayla Comas — who leads and manages all of our Street Ambassador deployments — and help out in your community! Stay tuned — we'll be sending out an Interest Form with a list of our upcoming deployments soon!
- Hip-Hop Architecture Scholarship: The Hip-Hop Architecture Camp is offering scholarships through Michael Ford’s $10,000 Hip-Hop Architecture Scholarship! The deadline is Friday, April 14, 2023 at 5:00pm — read more about the scholarship and application (which includes an essay guided by prompted questions) and apply here.
- Communications and Outreach Manager, Boston Indicators: This full-time position is an exciting opportunity to manage communications and outreach efforts related to Boston Indicators’ new Racial Wealth Gap and Economic Security Research Initiative. Learn more and apply here.
- State Agency Advocacy Specialist, Rails to Trails Conservancy: The State Agency Advocacy Specialist will lead RTC’s efforts to improve the state implementation of federal and state funding programs and policies related to trails, walking and biking. This work will be strategically focused to ensure that more public funding from more sources is more equitably distributed to accelerate the completion of connected trail and active-transportation networks accessible to all. Learn more and apply here.
Multiple positions, Ray Diversity Fellowships:
- Science and Strategy Fellow
- Conservation and GIS Coordinator
- RAY Clean Energy Fellow: ACEEE
- and more!
- Community Preservation Committee, City of Boston: The Community Preservation Committee is a 9-member board that recommends projects to the Mayor and the City Council for CPA funds. CPC members serve as unpaid volunteers for a term of three years with a maximum of two terms. All CPC members must be Boston residents. Learn more and apply here.
As a policy, LivableStreets will only advertise opportunities that include salary or compensation information.
Check out the following resources to learn more about what we've been up to lately!
- Press: Read local and national press featuring LivableStreets and our work.
- StreetFilms: Watch videos highlighting our advocacy and events.
- Greenway Stories: Join us as we explore greenway successes and challenges around the Boston area.
Was this email forwarded to you? Here's where you can sign up for StreetLife! www.livablestreets.info/join