Summary: LivableStreets is seeking a detail-oriented individual with experience in an office setting to serve as Executive Assistant to support all staff and programs. The Executive Assistant will play a key role in ensuring day-to-day operations run efficiently and effectively. The ideal candidate has a knack for office and data management and enjoys a fast paced, ever-changing work environment.
About LivableStreets: For 10 years LivableStreets has been transforming Metro Boston streets into more livable and safe places by advocating for a transportation system that better balances transit, walking, and biking with automobiles. Through our daily advocacy, programs, and working partnerships, LivableStreets helps create safe, convenient, and affordable transportation options for all people in Metro Boston. In recent years we’ve experienced rapid growth doubling both our operating budget and number of full time employees from two to four. In addition to staff, the LivableStreets community is comprised of dozens of volunteers and advocates and is led by a deeply committed Board.
Job Responsibilities: The Executive Assistant serves as the backbone of LivableStreets operations. Core responsibilities include maintaining and managing member and financial data, efficient daily office administration and supporting online communications and events. The Executive Assistant will work to maintain and improve LivableStreets internal systems to help with future growth and help be responsive to an ever-increasing demand for the organization’s services. The ideal candidate will love helping people, be a creative problem solver, and approach his/her job with flexibly and a good sense of humor.
Executive Support (50%)
- Maintain contact and membership database to update information and members’ account status and create reports for staff as needed.
- Track organization’s financial records, and prepare for the monthly appointment with Executive Director and Treasurer and produce monthly donation acknowledgment thank you letters.
- Manage incoming and outgoing funds, including tracking incoming and outgoing invoices and payments.
- Assist with implementation of programs and events including Tour de Streets and Street Talks.
- Schedule meetings and calls for the Executive Director and Deputy Director.
- Print materials, prepare presentations and take notes for internal and external meetings.
- Scanning/reading news and summarizing highlights for staff.
- Research, create memos and briefs to prepare for meetings.
- Provide basic administrative support to the Board of Directors on an as needed basis.
Office Administration [35%]
- Coordinate external email and social media calendar; planning, scheduling, drafting and managing production of online communications.
- Update website pages; including website calendar regularly.
- Manage monthly upkeep of office space, and identify and implement office layout improvements as needed.
- Manage and troubleshoot with outside vendors, office systems, including telephone, voice mail, computer and IT issues.
- Identify and implement new technology, resources, and processes to increase organizational efficiency.
- Order office supplies, marketing materials, and event supplies as needed.
- Ensure purchase of food/beverages, coordinate office setup and cleanup after meetings
- Respond to general requests, phone calls, and emails.
Advocacy Support [15%]
- Maintain current list of advocacy committee members and monitor activity of list-serv elevating any priority projects or important information to staff
- Coordinate volunteers for LivableStreets events, tabling opportunities, and post-card campaigns
- 1-2 years office experience required
- 4 year degree, or 2 year degree with 3-4 years office experience
- Strong knowledge of Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Experience with NationBuilder and/or a similar data management system a plus
- Experience with In Design, website platforms (ex: Wordpress) and event management systems (ex: Eventbrite) also a plus
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org