What we’re looking for:
LivableStreets seeks a highly motivated full-time Community Engagement Manager to advance LivableStreets programs, including our Vision Zero and Better Buses advocacy initiatives.
Who we are and what we do:
For more than a decade LivableStreets has been transforming Metro Boston’s streets by advocating for innovative and equitable transportation solutions that are safe, affordable and enjoyable -- making our community more connected and more livable for everyone.
What the Community Engagement Manager will do:
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Community Engagement Manager will have both internal and external facing responsibilities, ranging from program management to volunteer coordination to external communications. Primary responsibilities include:
- Building advocacy campaigns that advance the goals of LivableStreets’ strategic plan.
- Strengthening working relationships with local elected officials and decision-makers to further LivableStreets’ work.
- Expanding engagement efforts and working directly with Boston area communities to improve transportation access for all.
Specifically the Community Engagement Manager will:
- Coordinate public engagement campaigns for key advocacy initiatives, including Better Buses and Vision Zero, and develop tactics and strategies for various projects.
- Manage our Street Ambassadors program to further realtime engagement efforts.
- As a part of the Better Buses initiative, manage and develop advocacy campaigns for working with community members along several corridors to engage neighbors on the opportunities for bus priority and make the case to decision-makers.
- Coordinate advocacy campaigns with our Vision Zero Coalition partners.
- Research, write, and oversee the production of original reports that examine specific aspects of LivableStreets’ initiatives and advocacy campaigns.
- Work with Executive Director on press strategy, reaching out to media outlets and journalists, creating press releases and other collateral, and providing comment for publication.
- Brief local elected officials on advocacy efforts in Boston, Cambridge, and Somerville, and work with them and their staff to connect with communities and further elevate LivableStreets’ work.
- Provide staff support to our volunteer advocacy committee, which is currently tracking more than 90 street projects in Metro Boston.
- Direct a series of public events including StreetTalk forums and member social events
- Participate in local steering committees and task forces relevant to LivableStreets initiatives.
- Work with Content and Publications Manager to develop and manage written and electronic external communications, including StreetLife e-newsletter, original reports collateral materials, social media, website, and other communication tools as needed.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Representing LivableStreets at public events, meetings, and with the press.
- Working with Executive Director to manage budget and expense planning.
- Working with the Executive Director in developing and cultivating effective partnerships, foundation, corporate and donor support.
The ideal candidate will have a strong combination of many of the following qualifications:
- Minimum 3 years of professional work experience with demonstrated leadership managing groups of people and managing an initiative/program
- Ability to execute on a number of diverse projects simultaneously; comfort with taking initiative and creatively resolving problems
- Strong communication skills, written, visual and verbal
- Background in community organizing, transportation planning, government and / or constituent services preferred
- Experience working in low-income communities of color
- Language proficiency in second language; Spanish speaking and writing skills preferred
- Fundraising and/or previous non-profit campaign management experience a plus
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 17, 2018. Early applications are encouraged.
This is a full-time, exempt position with an annual salary range of $57,000 - $65,000. Benefits include health care, a transportation stipend, paid vacation, and a commitment to professional development.
LivableStreets is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. People with multiple marginalized identities are strongly encouraged to apply, including queer, trans, people with disabilities and/or people of color. LivableStreets does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.