MassDOT has announced that public meetings to present and discuss the Draft MassDOT and MBTA Capital Investment Plan (CIP) Update for Fiscal Years 2019–2023 will be held in May and that the public comment period for the draft CIP will open on May 15, and close on June 4. Public comments may be submitted by email to email@example.com.
The draft CIP is multi-billion dollar investment portfolio and includes all MassDOT highway and bridge projects, regional airports, rail and transit, including MBTA and Regional Transit Authorities as well as the Registry of Motor Vehicles. Public participation is essential to the success of the CIP.
The public meetings are scheduled as follows:
- Wednesday, May 16, 6:00 p.m. Worcester, CMRPC, UNUM Building, 1 Mercantile Street
- Thursday, May 17, 6:30 p.m. Barnstable, Hyannis Transportation Center, 215 Iyannough Road
- Thursday, May 17, 6:30 p.m. Springfield, Pioneer Valley Planning Commission, 60 Congress Street
- Monday, May 21, 6:30 p.m. Framingham, Nevins Hall, 150 Concord Street
- Monday, May 21, 6:30 p.m. Quincy, Auditorium, Quincy Central Middle School, 875 Hancock Street
- Tuesday, May 22, 5:30 p.m. Pittsfield, Berkshire Regional Planning Commission, 1 Fenn Street
- Wednesday, May 23, 6:30 p.m. Peabody, Selectman’s Conference Room, City Hall, 24 Lowell Street
- Wednesday, May 30, 6:30 p.m. New Bedford, Auditorium, GNB Voc-Tech, 1121 Ashley Boulevard
- Thursday, May 31, 6:30 p.m. Fitchburg, Fire Station, 33 North Street
If you are unable to attend a meeting, a copy of the presentation will be available at: www.mass.gov/massdot/cip