Microtransit is a flexible, generally app-based form of shared mobility.* What does that mean in practice? Where and how does microtransit work best? Join the Boston Region Metropolitan Planning Organization, the Metropolitan Area Planning Council, and the MBTA Advisory Board for a forum spotlighting this type of transit service. They’re bringing together local and national microtransit operators and experts to give an honest assessment of microtransit’s promise and place in our communities. The panelists are:
● Angie Constantino from the Greater Attleboro and Taunton Regional Transit Authority (GATRA);
● Nicole Freedman of the City of Newton;
● Chris Van Eyken of TransitCenter; and
● Patrick Kennedy of Space Between Design Studio and the Dallas Area Rapid Transit (DART) board.
This session will help Boston region communities assess where microtransit may work and maximize its potential as part of the mobility toolkit.
*The Shared Use Mobility Center offers some definitions, descriptions, and examples: https://learn.sharedusemobilitycenter.org/learning_module/microtransit/
- January 18, 2022 at 12:30pm – 1:30pm