Sponsored by the Boston Parks and Recreation Department and the Friends of the Public Garden, the Open House is part of a comprehensive engagement process that has already included nearly 6,000 people participating in various ways: surveys, pop-ups, and an initial Open House in October 2019.
As "America’s First Public Park" and an oasis in downtown Boston, Boston Common is one of the most treasured green spaces in the world. The goal of the Master Plan is to create a Common that will serve the people of Boston and visitors alike while protecting this special place for decades to come.
During this second open house, the attendees will have the opportunity to:
- Hear an overview of the Boston Common Master Plan project
- Receive an update on the work that has been accomplished
- Hear a summary of extensive public feedback to date
- Hear a discussion about user needs and infrastructure needs
- Consider initial concepts for improving the Common
- Learn about next steps in the Master Plan process
The Open House format will include a slideshow presentation, question and answer period, and an opportunity for active participation within small breakout groups. The slideshow presentation will be made available on the Boston Common Master Plan project website. Your continued participation is crucial in planning the brightest future for Boston Common.
For more info and to RSVP please click here.