*OFFICE HOURS POSTPONED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE*
CONNECT DOWNTOWN: SOUTHWEST CORRIDOR EXTENSION
The City of Boston wants to connect the Southwest Corridor to Downtown, Beacon Hill, and the West End. It plans to improve pedestrian crossings and add on-street bike facilities.
Connect Downtown creates a network of comfortable, on-street walking and bicycling routes. The city's goal is to connect the existing Southwest Corridor Park to key locations in Downtown, Beacon Hill, and beyond. Through this project, Boston will:
- Improve pedestrian crossings along the route
- Provide comfortable, reasonably direct routes for bicyclists, and
- Enhance pedestrian access to the Public Garden and Common.
The project will connect to jobs, education, retail, and other major destinations. The city plans to design the project in a way that allows for faster construction.There will be a series of Office Hours about Connect Downtown starting in January 2020. The city invites you to drop by to ask questions, give feedback, and review project materials.
The office hours will be at the Boston Public Library Central Library and West End Library.
- At the Central Library, enter the Johnson Building from Boylston Street. The location is just inside the entrance to the left of the Information Desk.
- At the West End Library, enter and walk past the circulation desk. Keep walking straight until you get to a small study room on the left.
For more information, please click here.
- March 26, 2020 at 12:00pm – 8pm
West End Library
151 Cambridge St
Boston, MA 02114
Google map and directions