SomerStreets is the City of Somerville’s take on the internationally-renowned Open Streets concept, closing busy city streets to vehicles, and opening them up for cycling, walking, dancing, running, and other modes of activity. Through SomerStreets, the City and its community partners aim to promote and encourage easy access to physical activity, fresh foods, and reconnecting with neighborhoods and businesses and their unique cultural elements in a thriving urban environment.
SomerStreets is an annual series that takes place one Sunday per month in the months of June through October. The 2015 events schedule is as follows:
- June 7: Carnaval @ SomerStreets. East Broadway (McGrath Highway to Pennsylvania Ave.)
- Aug. 9: Seize the Summer @ SomerStreets. Highland Ave. (Walnut St. to Cedar St.)
- Sept. 13: Strike Up the Bands @ SomerStreets. Holland St. (Davis Sq. to Teele Sq.)
- Oct. 18: Monster MashedUp @ SomerStreets. Somerville Ave. (Union Sq. to Elm St.)
All SomerStreets events run from 12 to 4 p.m., rain or shine.
For more information about road closures contact 311 (617-666-3311). For information on how to participate in any of the SomerStreets events, contact Nina Eichner, Special Events Manager, at (617) 625-6600 ext. 2985.
- September 13, 2015 at 12pm – 4pm
Holland St. (Davis Sq. to Teele Sq.)
1 Davis Sq
Somerville, MA 02144
Google map and directions