What we’re looking for
LivableStreets seeks a highly motivated Multimedia Producer Intern to humanize LivableStreets’ advocacy through digital storytelling.
Who we are and what we do
For more than a decade, LivableStreets has been transforming Metro Boston’s streets by advocating for innovative and equitable transportation solutions that are safe, affordable and enjoyable -making our community more connected and more livable for everyone.
What the Multimedia Producer Intern will do
Reporting to the Community Engagement Manager and the Content & Publications Manager, the Multimedia Producer Intern will develop storytelling content - video, photo, audio, etc. - for online communications related to LivableStreets’ programs and projects.
Primary responsibilities include:
Collaborate with the Community Engagement Manager to develop subjects and stories
Produce and edit content (video, photo, audio, etc.)
Work with the Community Engagement Manager and Content & Publications Manager to adapt and integrate content into LivableStreets’ website and social media networks.
Specifically the Multimedia Producer Intern will:
- Provide video-editing support for promotional videos for our largest fundraiser of the year.
- Produce work that will complement our Getting Boston on Board Report by highlighting personal narratives that back up some of the data points. This will involve work in the field with our Better Buses Campaign in Roslindale, Allston, Dorchester, Mattapan, and Roxbury.
- Profile the work of our volunteers - advocates and Street Ambassadors for website and Tour de Streets promotion
- Spotlight Greenway Partners for Emerald Network website and Tour de Streets promotion.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Communications and event support: social media, special projects
What we're looking for
- Ideal candidate should be working towards a degree in communications, film production, journalism, photojournalism, photography, visual arts, etc.
Has previously researched, produced, and edited video and photo content and can share examples of their work
Highly self-motivated with the ability to produce content with little guidance
Other desirable skills include:
Experience with NationBuilder or other CRM/website platforms
Passionate about urban studies & planning, transportation, geography, environmental studies
Knowledge of Boston’s peoples and neighborhoods
Spanish speaking skills
Deliverables, commitment & compensation
Community Engagement Manager and Content & Publications Manager will work with the Multimedia Producer Intern to develop a workplan that meets the needs and goals of both parties in the agreed upon timeline Community Engagement Manager and Content & Publications Manager will provide Intern the opportunity to build their portfolio with specific storytelling projects and experience working in the non-profit sector
Candidate should be be able to make a commitment of five to 25 hours per week between June and August 2018
- The Multimedia Producer Intern is eligible for a stipend and travel reimbursement
Applications are being reviewed on a rolling basis -- early applications are encouraged. To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.