WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
LivableStreets seeks an individual interested in using digital storytelling to highlight people involved in and affected by their advocacy work. This could involve photography, video, interviews, and/or editing. Project/script development and direction will be provided, but the intern will need to provide their own equipment.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
LivableStreets envisions a world where streets are safe, vibrant public spaces that connect people to the places where they live, work, and play. We advocate for practical, people-centered transportation systems in Metro Boston that can dismantle invisible barriers that divide neighborhoods, communities, and people.
WHAT THE DIGITAL STORYTELLING INTERN WILL DO
Reporting to LivableStreets staff, the Digital Storytelling Intern will create media to enhance online storytelling related to LivableStreets’ programs and projects.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Support on development of subjects and stories
- Produce and edit content (video, photo, audio, etc.)
- Help to adapt and integrate content into LivableStreets’ website and social media networks
SPECIFICALLY THE DIGITAL STORYING TELLING INTERN WILL:
- Produce media that will complement our Better Buses Street Ambassador campaign
- Produce “Program Spotlight” video clips introducing each of our three program areas
- Produce media that will complement our Go Boston 2030 accountability work
- Communications and event support: social media, special projects
WHAT WE'RE LOOKING FOR:
- Ideal candidate should be working towards a degree in communications, film production, journalism, photojournalism, photography, visual arts, etc. or have a solid foundation of experience with photography and/or film production.
- Has previously researched, produced, and edited video and photo content and can share examples of their work
- Highly self-motivated with the ability to produce content with little guidance
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS INCLUDE
- Experience with NationBuilder or other CRM/website platforms
- Passionate about urban studies & planning, transportation, geography, environmental studies
- Knowledge of Boston’s peoples and neighborhoods
- Spanish speaking skills
DELIVERABLES, COMMITMENT & COMPENSATION
- The LivableStreets staff will work with the Digital Storytelling Intern to develop a work plan that meets the needs and goals of both parties in the agreed upon timeline. LivableStreets will provide Intern the opportunity to build their portfolio with specific storytelling projects and experience working in the non-profit sector.
- Candidate should be be able to make at least a 15-20 hour per week commitment between June and August 2019.
- The Digital Storytelling Intern is eligible for a stipend and travel reimbursement. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.