This training will provide an in-depth technical review of various Complete Streets design elements. Attendees will learn:
• Benefits of Complete Streets;
• Design guidance for people walking, biking, and taking transit;
• Methods to balance roadway users and apply flexibility;
• Complete Street Funding Program requirements; and
• Best practices for public engagement.
The elements discussed will be applied through a site visit (weather permitting) and design exercise. Please wear sturdy shoes and dress for the weather. Hard hats and safety vests will be provided by Baystate Roads.
Each session has a 20 attendee maximum with no walk-ins accepted.
The workshop is intended for Engineers, Designers, and Planners who are interested in developing Complete Streets solutions for municipal roadways. Municipal representatives requiring training eligibility for the Complete Streets Funding Program are encouraged to attend.
8:30 am Registration, 9:00 am Class
These is no cost to attend.
*This session is open to 2 MassDOT Personnel
Please see the course flyer for additional information or visit this website.
- June 22, 2018 at 8:30am – 4pm
MassDOT District 6 Highway Office
185 Kneeland St
Boston, MA 02111
Google map and directions