Join the LivableStreets Team as a Campaign Coordinator!
LivableStreets is searching for a Campaign Coordinator to play a critical leadership part in our growing non-profit organization. We challenge people, government, and businesses to think differently about the role of transportation in our daily lives. We're working to create a system that better balances transit, walking, and biking with automobiles to make the Boston region more connected and livable. We inspire a vision, build partnerships, empower communities, and create change.
As a Campaign Coordinator, you will be responsible for coordinating LivableStreets' advocacy team and campaigns. On any given day, you might:
- Develop and implement campaign tactics and strategies
- Track transportation projects and policies in the Boston region, and from around the world to introduce best practices here.
- Work with city and state agency staff, legislators, and partner organizations, and articulate our policy and engineering recommendations.
- Coordinate production of campaign materials, including, print, email, web and social media communications.
- Represent LivableStreets at public events, meetings, and with the press.
- Activate and train volunteers
- Co-chair the Advocacy Committee
- Build partnerships with organizations and key stakeholders.
You will also assist with other organizational needs critical to keeping the organization working, including fundraising, office upkeep, membership, and administrative projects. You will be the third full time staff-person in a fast-paced entrepreneurial setting. You will report directly to the Executive Director.
- Organized & detail-oriented: A project manager who can create action plans and implement them.
- Strategic: You can take today's breaking news and turn it-in to action tomorrow. Or better yet, write tomorrow's news.
- Motivator: You are a natural leader who enjoys working in teams and developing leaders, and you're comfortable speaking in public
- 3+ years work experience; including proven project management and campaign experience
- Policy, political, or government experience
- Demonstrated commitment to LivableStreets mission
- Strong interpersonal skills; able to work with diverse groups of people from various neighborhoods.
- The desire to do excellent work, have fun doing it, and work hard
- Able to work flexible hours; must be available for regular evening meetings
- Fundraising experience a plus
- You have a global perspective. Have you traveled the world, studied how cities are developing around the world, or love reading the news constantly?
- You have a multi-disciplinary background in, or outside, of work. What else can you bring to the table? Are you also a digital artist, app developer, teacher?
This is a full-time position based at our office in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The salary range for this position is $38,000-$50,000 depending on qualifications with benefits, including, health insurance contribution, staff development training stipend, paid time off, and transportation stipend. Tremendous growth opportunities.
Interested? To apply:
- Please submit a resume and cover letter addressed to Jackie Douglas electronically to email@example.com with ‘Campaign Coordinator’ in the subject line.
- In your cover letter, tell us why you are right for this position, why you are excited about transportation advocacy campaigns, and share a story about a time when you coordinated a team of people to successfully complete a project or campaign. Please also include how you found out about the position, or who referred you.
- You will really impress us if in addition to your cover letter and resume, you answer the following question in one page or less: What transportation problem is most compelling to you? Who would you partner with to address the problem? What would you do together to solve the problem? And ultimately, how would the campaign make an impact on a community?
We will confirm receipt of application and we will follow up with selected candidates for interviews. This position is open until filled. For more information about LivableStreets, visit www.LivableStreets.info
Status: Accepting applications.
For volunteer and internship opportunities go to www.livablestreets.info/volunteer
We are always seeking candidates for numerous projects throughout the year. Please feel free to send your resume and a statement of interest including why you are interested in work opportunities at LivableStreets and what you are interested in doing to info@LivableStreets.info.