Join us for the 2019 World Day of Remembrance. Stand in solidarity to honor those who have been injured or killed by a road traffic crash. The vast majority of these crashes are preventable through engineering, education, and enforcement. In numbers, we can recognize our loved ones, and also demand action from our elected officials.
World Day of Remembrance is an annual, international event during which we gather as a community to reflect upon those we've lost and commit ourselves to improving our roads.
2:30 PM | Gather on the steps of Massachusetts State House for the Memorial Vigil
2:45 PM | Program begins
- Welcome | Reverend Laura Everett and Pastor Edwin Johnson
- Stories of Road Violence
- Dr. Reza Askari, Trauma Surgeon, Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Shane Snowdon, The Crash Project
- Plea for an End to Road Violence
- Remarks from Stephanie Pollack, CEO and Secretary of MassDOT
- Invitation to action on state legislation | Emily Stein
This event is organized by the Massachusetts Vision Zero Coalition. Learn more at www.visionzerocoalition.org/wdr